What is gogetssl.com?
It’s a well-known and trusted brand on the market that sell digital certificates from leading certificate authorities for more than 10 years. Certificates are issued by leading providers like Sectigo, RapidSSL, Thawte, DigiCert, and GeoTrust.
Obtaining an SSL certificate with gogetssl.com is quite simple, but it has some notable aspects.
1. Go to your gogetssl.com account -> My prices section
-> Set the “GoGetSSL” filter on the top
-> choose GoGetSSL® Domain SSL for 1 year -> Order
In our example, we have chosen the cheapest simple certificate that will be valid for one domain.
What does it mean? If you have track.domain.com the certificate is valid only for track.domain.com but not for domain.com (your root domain) or for click.domain.com.
It’s enough if you are using one custom tracking domain.
If you plan to use your root domain (domain.com) to create other CNAME records, use them for tracking or anywhere else, consider purchasing a Wildcard SSL, it is valid for all subdomains under your root domain (in our example it will be valid for domain.com and also for track.domain.com andclick.domain.com)
2. Pay for the certificate by following the steps provided by gogetssl.com and proceed with the configuration.
Always choose 1 year as if you are using it for tracking. Most of the browsers do not accept long-time certificates.
Go to SSL certificates -> View your certificate -> Generate certificate
3. There, you will see the CSR field. That means you need to generate your CSR at this step.
Go to the Online CSR generator and fill on all the required fields and generate your CSR
4. On the next step, you will get the generated CSR code and your private key. Copy both of them.
Important: saving the private key is very important as it is generated only once and if you will lose it at this step, you will have to come through the whole procedure from the beginning as there is no way to restore it.
5. Go back to the configuration (step 3) and paste the CSR code to the appropriate field – > validate CSR
6. Now, you need to validate the newly obtained certificate. The easiest way is using DNS:
7. Fill in all the necessary data and proceed with “complete generation”:
Once done, go back to the SSL Certificates and “View” the target domain from the list. The status will be “Processing.”
8. Go to “domain validation” and copy the necessary data for your certificate validation.
In our example the full record is
That means the host is only this part
Copy everything that goes after the CNAME
9. Go to your domain registrar (in our example, we will use GoDaddy, but the principle is the same for all) domain DNS management and create a CNAME record based on the data copied in the previous step:
10. Once it is validated, the certificate files will become available for downloading. It takes approximately 30 minutes for the certificate replication.