Why this feature may be useful?
You may want to receive several different conversion types with the same click id for checking your campaign performance even more effectively. And of course you may also want to see those conversion events separately and exclude duplicated ones on each step.
Or probably you have only one event and simply want to exlude the duplicates?
With the help of RedTrack functionality, it’s possible.
1. Set the tracking of one or several conversion types (the way you want to see it in RedTrack).
2. Once done, proceed with the customization of your duplicate postback settings. The easiest option is to have one conversion event tracked (default) and set the global duplicate postback setting on the Brand level here:
We suggest the following options:
- Create a new conversion: duplicate postback data will be added as a separate conversion
- Ignore duplicate Postback: no data will be added to the tracking report
- Edit conversion with new data: the original conversion will be edited with new data.
- Keep original data, increment payout: only conversion payout will be edited (for example, tracking subsequent sales for the same conversion)
3. For the case where you work with several conversion types, it works the same way as the main setup on the Brand level just can be restricted to different conversion types.Expand to see how to set different postback modes to different conversion types
3.1 Go to Tools -> Conversion tracking -> Conversion types:
3.2 Set separate postback modes for the different conversion types you are using:
Remember to set different postbacks on your Brand level.