What is an auto rule?
Rules functionality allows you to automate campaign optimization process. After you set the conditions, RedTrack starts checking your reports and campaign performance by multiple metrics. When the reported data matches the criteria you have set in the conditions, the rule executes an action – pausing a campaign/one of campaign elements or redistribute the traffic weight within your campaign.
Note: This feature is available starting from Pro subscription.
Integrated traffic sources
1. To create an auto rule you would like to use in your campaign, you need to integrate your traffic source with RedTrack:
add the necessary data while adding the target integrated traffic source from the template and save the changes
2. Open the campaign you want to auto-optimize or create a new one with the target traffic source. Go to the “Rules” settings available from the campaign edit window:
3. Press “New” and proceed with the rule setup. Select the target, condition and performed action:
1. When the data matches the criteria you set, the campaign/placement/creative will be paused in your traffic source account and you will not lose the money for non-converting traffic.
Every five minutes the rules will analyze the data.
2. Extended integrations also take your cost data from your Traffic Source account so you do not need to worry about cost updates as well.
Non-integrated traffic sources
For non-integrated (either a regular template or custom traffic source) only the partial campaign optimisation is available. We will not be able to pause anything on the traffic source side but you can still set the rule and when the rule is met, we will either fire the mail or webhook notification.
Open the campaign you want to auto-optimize or create a new one with the target traffic source.
Go to the “Rules” settings available from the campaign edit window, press “New” and proceed with the rule setup: select the condition and performed action: