Definition and benefits of the Auto update cost feature
Auto update cost feature allows you to receive your cost data directly from the traffic source via the API. It means that there is no need to use any macros or update costs manually each time.
Peculiarities of the Auto update cost feature:
- it works with integrated Traffic sources only. The current integration status can be checked here;
- costs are updated not in real-time but several times a day with a frequency from 1 up to 30 minutes on the Campaign, Adset, and Ad levels. Update of frequency and level depends on your subscription plan;
- auto-update cost feature is not only automation but smart automation;
- if you have 2 or 3, or 100, 200, 300 campaigns in your Google or Facebook account, you don’t have to create the same amount of campaigns in RedTrack as our smart automation can attach your traffic source campaigns costs to 1 RedTrack campaign;
- no additional settings are required. Integrate your traffic source, and we will take your campaign IDs from the traffic source and attach the cost data accordingly.
Applying the Auto update cost feature
When you select the integrated traffic source, the Auto update costs option becomes active. Switch the toggle on and enjoy the feature:
Auto update feature works well for Campaigns with CPM or CPC cost models. Using this feature with CPA or RevShare cost models will cause data discrepancies.