What’s Campaign in RedTrack?
Campaign in RedTrack is basically a set of rules and elements that link together a Traffic channel and the Offers that are being promoted. In RedTrack terms Campaign works as the combination of an Offer, Landing page, and a Traffic channel you have set up during previous steps. The main purpose of creating a Campaign in RedTrack is to get the final link you will send the traffic to.
Campaign creation checklist for Advertisers:
1. Add a custom tracking domain.
2. Add your Traffic channel.
3. Add your Brand and Website.
4. Set your Funnel.
5. Add other needed values in the Campaign sections (costs, tracking options, etc.).
6. Save the Campaign settings and copy-paste the tracking link from RT to your ad account.
How to fill in the fields in your Campaign
1. In your RT account navigate to the section Campaigns-> press New:
⬇️ 2. Fill in the General section of the Campaign
2.1 Give your Campaign a name
2.2 Choose from the drop-down the added Traffic channel
2.3 Select from the drop-down the added custom tracking domain
2.4 Define the needed Campaign Cost and set its value:
⬇️ 3. Adjust your Funnel
3.1 Select from the drop-down the store / Website you’ve added earlier
3.2 (optional) If needed you can assign the weight to your Funnel, add several Websites, Funnels, as well as edit them:
RedTrack offers different manipulations with your Funnels to optimize your Campaigns:
⬇️ 4. Add other relevant info to launch and optimize your Campaign
4.1 For Redirect tracking links you choose the preferred Redirect type under the section Tracking options:
Check out the video on how the hidden referrer works.
4.2 (optional) Add tags in the Extra section. Check out the article Tags for more details
4.3 Switch on the Conditional postback toggle if you want to set the rule for sending the conversion data back to your traffic channel
4.4 Set the auto-cost update (if your Traffic channel is eligible). Check out this article for more details.
⬇️ 5. Save the Campaign & copy-paste the tracking link from RT to your ad account
5.1 Once all the Campaign details are filled in, press Save to apply the changes to your Campaign:
5.2 Once you’ve saved the Campaign Tracking links will be automatically created for you-> choose the needed Tracking option (aka Tracking links and parameters)-> copy the Click URL:
Use the Redirect link for the Traffic channels which support the redirect method, No-redirect script for your Landing page code, etc. For more information on the Tracking options check out the following articles:
- Universal tracking script . For Advertisers this article is only for introduction to what a universal tracking script is, you don’t have to add it manually, as it has been already created automatically once you added your Website. So if you need to track your Campaign with the help of the universal tracking script, you go to Tools-> Scripts->copy the already generated script-> add to it your Campaign’s tracking parameters (from the tab Tracking parameters (UTMS) on the screen above)-> paste it to your Ad account.
- Tracking impressions
5.3 Paste the Click URL to the URL field in the Campaign Settings on your Traffic channel side (your Ad account).
If there are already some UTM parameters in the URL parameters field, you do not have to delete them, just append the parameters taken from your campaign in RedTrack to the already existing parameters with the help of the ampersand symbol: “&”. Check out this video for a more detailed explanation.